STRUCTURING A SETTLEMENT DOCUMENTARY
You want the adjuster to understand the profound change in your client’s quality of life as a result of the defendant’s actions. A well made settlement documentary is made up of layers of information, much like the layers of an onion.
- Witness Interviews – Your client’s story is best told by family, friends co-workers and others in their own words
- Liability – Why the defendant is responsible, using crash photos, police report, depositions, excerpts, eyewitness interviews, etc.
- Pre-Injury Condition – Family photos and home video are used to establish the contrast in your clients life
- Day in the Life Video – The plaintiff’s struggles and the help required day-in and day-out
- Medical Statement – A medical professional explains diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, permanency, and causation using visual aids
Attorney reviewing a Settlement Documentary
Professionally produced legal videos are developed to stay with the viewers. You want those that see the video to remember what it looked like for the victim to struggle through his daily activities, and to experience what life is now like for the injured plaintiff. Settlement documentaries can be a powerful tool for getting maximum compensation for your clients.